- Consolidate numerous Tier 1 storage platforms into a single platform capable of supporting both Open Systems and Mainframe workloads.
- Built on Flash technology to drive data storage efficiencies and reduce latency in the environment resulting in a greatly improved €\GB cost.
- Deliver performance to the business that would greatly increase daily “batch” tasks for account reconciliations.
- Full storage analysis of the current platforms to see overall performance from I/O, throughput, and latency perspective to see what the benchmark that had to be beaten was.
- Created design based on requested storage capacity including overhead for growth and conservative Data Reduction Ratios.
What Did We Do?
- Provided full presales design and validation in conjunction with Dell EMC and the customer.
- Provided scaling options for growth and demonstrated the ease of which this could be achieved.
- Delivered “vVol” storage functionality enabling more granular provisioning (VM specific) while eliminating waste from risk of over provisioning storage as per “traditional” approach.
- Introduced concept of isolated fabrics to avoid the need for greater front end connectivity due to an existing platform being direct connect.
DellEMC Powermax 8000
- Continued use of a familiar technology.
- Respond faster to on going business processes
- Dramatically improved performance and reduced latency.
- Greater than anticipated Data Reduction values meaning better than expected €/GB costs.
- Reduced management costs due to management of a single Tier 1 platform.
If you would like to know more about the above project or any other Asystec projects please feel free to reach out to our team on email@example.com.