The Scope of this Project was to Install and initialise Unity XT 380F and management IPs provided by the Customer.
- Rack, stack and cabling of the Unity systems at the Customers site in Costa Rica.
- Provide a Unity Configuration worksheet
What Did We Do?
Asystec personnel worked closely with Customer’s staff to perform the services specified below:
- Gathering Customer environment information to complete the Configuration Worksheet with details required for planning Dell EMC Unity system installation.
- Performed pre-installation validation comparing the equipment against Configuration Worksheet including licenses, software on a service laptop or management station, and tools required for installation.
- Unpacked and installed DPE, DAEs and dense DAEs into a single Dell EMC Unity system as applicable.
- Installed the Dell EMC Unity system including racking, cabling the components, attaching to the Customer’s rack power and IP network, and powering up and validating that the system is online.
- Configured Storage Processor management interface, registered the system, installed licenses, upgraded software as required, added DNS and NTP information, added support credentials, and configured ESRS.
- Connected Newly installed Storage to customer network for handover.
- Set up Dell EMC Unity storage array connectivity to CloudIQ.
- Moved used packaging materials to trash and recycling facility or other designated area within the immediate installation location.
- Verified the installation and configuration results by running a system health report.
- Provided the Customer with Configuration Worksheet and Configuration Report from the Dell EMC Unity system.
DellEMC Unity – next generation midrange unified storage array.
- Simplified project management as one partner for complete new technology provision and asset/data management – Asystec provided the new technology platforms, installation, migration and removal of the decommissioned kit and data destruction.
- Reduced cost of using internal IT skilled resources for tactical low skilled service.
- Cost savings by acquiring highly skilled resources for a particular project without the long term cost commitment of employment.
- Consolidated reporting and consolidated pricing models as a result of a standard ITAD service available for global deployment.
- Time savings due to reduced ‘time to delivery’ as a result of the streamlined Asystec service delivery.
- Improved user experience for employees – increased speed and agility
If you would like to know more about the above project or any other Asystec projects please feel free to reach out to our team on firstname.lastname@example.org.